Watermael-Boisfort, Brussels in early spring

A short trip to Brussels let me have one of my favorite walks in the city the commune of Watermael-Boisfort in the early days of spring.  The two hamlets were separated until the beginning of XIX century.


The commune is well known for its territory was one of the areas to be reorganized following the ideals of the cite-jardin urban movement, Le Logis et Floréal, in the first years of the XXth century.


For this reason I would like to subtitle this post as "Watermael-Boisfrot front gardens", although they should be instead call open gardens.



Next post will be same area but few days later and you will see the difference.







Comments

Wonderful! I will look up this neighborhood next time we are in Brussels. I love the trees in the second photo.
lula said…
Cindy you should, it's a historic walk and a very lovely one when the cherry blossoms peak happens, and neighbors pick the cherries from their trees around June, how lucky they are!!!
I don't know much about Belgium, but it seems like a country I would enjoy. I hear the beer is great! ;-) My son has traveled quite a bit in Europe, and I think Belgium was one of his favorite countries.
Anonymous said…
Lula, What are those purple flowers draped over the wall in the second-to-last photo? They are gorgeous! -Jean
lula said…
Oh my! you got me there Jean. I can't remember the name, but I saw them in different front gardens not only in Watermael but also in all Uccle, where I used to live. I'll try to find out and let you know.